1 John 2:15-17
You are commanded not to love! (I John 2:15)
What in the world! (1 John 2:16)
Some things last and some things do not. (1 John 2:17)
DISCUSSION POINTS for STUDENTS and ADULTS
How can John command us not to love?
What is love? (1 John 2:15)
What are the desires of the flesh? Eyes?
Do you have possessions that you have that you take pride in?
What are activities in your life that will last? What are some things you do that are passing away?
Is there any thing that you do, say, or watch that reflect the way of the world?
Don’t forget to check out our CB students LifeGroup resource page, too!
DISCUSSION and ACTIVITY for KIDS (infant – 5th grade)
View this video: CLICK HERE then, complete the discussion below.
- The rich man thought he had to DO something to be saved.
- Jesus reminded him about some of the Ten Commandments.
- The rich man was pretty proud that he kept some of the rules.
- Jesus doesn’t care about the rules, he cares about your heart.
Mark 10:21 “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Is there one item in your life that you can’t live without? Why?
- What did the rich guy ask Jesus? What are the 10 Commandments really about?
- What did Jesus tell the rich guy he had to do? Why did Jesus tell him to do that?
- Read Matthew 6:24. How can money cause trouble in our lives? Why does Jesus say you can’t love both God and money?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download