“Assured: About the Times”
1 John 2:18-27
- Depend on the resources that we already have. (1 John 2:20-21)
- Recognize the root of error. (1 John 2:22-23)
- Exercise preventative measures. (1 John 2:24-27; Colossians 1:15-23)
DISCUSSION POINTS for STUDENTS and ADULTS
What resources are available for the believer?
What is the preventative measure that Pastor Kevin talked about? (1 John 2:24-25)
Are you engaged in the preventative measure that Pastor Kevin talked about?
How can you discern that someone within the Church (speaking of the collective group of believers) is trying to deceive you?
How is the Bible important in helping you spot errors or discern heresy?
Don’t forget to check out our CB students LifeGroup resource page, too!
DISCUSSION and ACTIVITY for KIDS (infant – 5th grade)
View this video: CLICK HERE then, complete the discussion below.
- Your “Grid” is all about how you see life.
- A Bible Grid helps you sort out good ideas (truth) and bad ideas(lies).
- The first rock of a Bible Grid is Truth.
John 8:32 “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Make a list of some things kids are always thinking about.
- What are some bad ideas that a lot of kids believe? Where do those bad ideas come from?
- What is the difference between the truth and a lie.
- Is God’s Word true? Make a list of some of the things you have learned from the Bible.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16. What does it mean that the Bible is inspired by God? How does the Bible help us?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download