A Word From Our Pastor About COVID-19
Dear Charleston Baptist Family,
In light of the increasing concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we wanted to update you on how our church is planning and preparing for the next several weeks as our nation and community navigates the effects of this virus. As of now, all activities on church campus will remain as scheduled. (This includes worship services, LifeGroup meetings, Bible studies, Sunday and Wednesday night activities, etc.)
As we trust in the Lord together, we want to take the appropriate precautions to minimize any impact on our people and our community. Keep in mind: no amount of cleaning or sterilizing can guarantee the elimination of germs, but we can do all we can to minimize their spread and effects.
- We are continuously monitoring medical and government agencies for information and will inform you of any changes in our regular scheduled activities.
- We are increasing our sanitization of all bathrooms, eating areas, gathering areas, kids and student areas, and worship center.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout our campus.
- All self-check in kiosks will receive increased cleaning and sanitization.
- During our offertory, we will have our normal time of worship through prayer and song, however the offering will be collected at the doors as you leave.
- For the next several weeks we will forgo our normal welcome time during both services.
- For the next several weeks we will forgo our normal snack time in the CB kids ministries.
- We are discussing and preparing for alternative worship formats including live Facebook video and other social media formats should the need arise.
- If you wish to give online you can do so here: https://charlestonbaptist.org/read-watch/realm/
- If you wish to listen to the sermon online you can do that here: https://charlestonbaptist.org/read-watch/messages/
- We recommend that anyone who is at high risk (older adults, those with chronic medical conditions, etc.) use your judgment as to attending services or church activities.
- If you or any of your children show signs of sickness, we do ask that you take an extra-conservative precaution and please stay home.
- Wash your hands as often as possible.
- If you are a senior adult or anyone who would like assistance with shopping needs, or to pick up prescription medicines, please contact your LifeGroup leader or church office, so we can assist you.
We know that many of you may feel anxious or worried about the situation, both because of health fears, but also the economic and social impact it may have on your lives. Please know our pastors are praying for you and are here for you as you navigate through this season of time.
- Be encouraged by God’s Word
– We have not been given a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)
– We can draw near to God (James 4:8)
– We are to be anxious for nothing (Philippians 4:6)
– We are to trust in the Lord and not in our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Use this opportunity to share and live out the gospel
Use this time to reach out to your neighbors and friends as they work through their own fears and anxieties. Pray for opportunities to share the hope you have in Christ, and be “prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15).
- Use this opportunity to pray or to pray and fast.
Pray for our brothers and sisters of the Chinese Christian Church. Many have loved ones in China and are facing high anxiety and potential stigma because of the outbreak’s origin.
Please be in prayer for everyone around the world as we all face this challenge together. Tens of thousands of people have contracted the virus and thousands have died. Please pray for healing, for restoration, and for people to come to know Christ, who is the only one who can make “all things new” (Revelation 21:5).
· Take a moment to read these articles.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you if anything changes over the next several weeks. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please let us know.
Kevin Giordano, Lead Pastor
13 San Miguel Road, Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Office: (843)556-4673 Fax: (843)556-9639
Charleston Baptist Church provides a variety of online media through message audios, online videos and sermon notes. Explore and find new messages and other resources to help strengthen and foster your spiritual growth throughout the week!