“Assured: Foundational Truths”
1 John 2:12-14
- Forgiven (1 John 2:12)
- Secure (1 John 2:13)
- Victorious (1 John 2:13-14)
I struggle most, with the foundational truth, that I am _____________________.
DISCUSSION POINTS for STUDENTS and ADULTS
1. How does the knowledge of bring forgive change you? change the way you interact with people? change the way you view yourself?
2. Who or what do we find security in, apart from Jesus?
3. Discuss a time in your life when you have experienced victory over sin.
4. How can believers have victory over sin? (1 John 2:14)
5. How do you deal with doubts about God?
6. What do you find to be the most encouraging truth from today’s sermon?
Don’t forget to check out our CB students LifeGroup resource page, too!
DISCUSSION and ACTIVITY for KIDS (infant – 5th grade)
View this video: CLICK HERE then, complete the discussion below.
Let’s talk about forgiveness.
Has anyone ever done anything rude to you or said something to hurt your feelings?
What is your first reaction when someone treats you wrongly?
What does the Bible say we should do when someone is rude to us, hurts our feelings, or treats us bad? (1 John 2:12-13)
Forgiveness means you choose not to pay someone back when they hurt you.
Forgiveness is an important part of who we are as believers.
Who has given us complete forgiveness so that we can go to Heaven? (God)
We should forgive because Jesus forgives us.
And it’s Jesus living in us that gives us the power to forgive others.
So, next time when someone is rude to you, or leaves your out, or hurts your feelings, what are you going to do?
Here’s a great song that reinforces the power of forgiveness. CLICK HERE.
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.