“Assured: The Gospel”
1 John 1:1-4
- The gospel brings life. (1 John 1:1-2, John 1:14;17:3, 1 Peter 1:8)
Application: In Christ, we live life.
- The gospel brings fellowship. (1 John 1:3, 1 Corinthians 1:8-9, Acts 2:42-43, John 15:5, Ephesians 4:15-16, James 4:8-10)
Application: In Christ, we share life.
- The gospel brings joy. (1 John 1:4, John 15:11; 16:24; 17:13, Hebrews 12:1-2, Psalm 16:11, 3 John 4)
Application: In Christ, we enjoy life.
DISCUSSION POINTS for STUDENTS and ADULTS
1. Why was it important that John actually saw and touched Jesus? (1 John 1:1-4)
2. Do you have an “unspoken” struggle in your life that you would be willing to discuss?
3. What is actually at the “core” of Christianity? (1 John 1:1, John 1:1)
4. What does it look like to “have life through the gospel”? (1 John 1:3-4, John 1:14)
5. What does “fellowship among the believers” mean? (1 John 1:3, Acts 2:42-43)
6. Why is fellowship with other believers so important?
7. What is joy?
8. The gospel is the only that thing that can bring true, lasting joy. Why? (John 15:11, John 16:24)
Don’t forget to check out our CB students LifeGroup resource page, too!
DISCUSSION for KIDS (infant – 5th grade)
View this Video: Click here.
What are three characteristics of a growing Christian?
Are you a Christian (Christ-follower?)
Do you believe in the teachings of Jesus? (Where do we find the teachings of Jesus? )
Do you try to live like Jesus? (What are some ways that you try to live like Jesus.)
Do you love others? (Jesus instructs us to love EVERYONE, and that’s hard sometimes.)
Pray to Jesus and ask Him to help you live like Jesus and love others that may be hard to love.
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.