“Assured: Jesus the One and Only”
1 John 5:6-12
- The testimony of Jesus’ mission. (1 John 5:6a, Mark 1:9-11, John 14:6; 19:30, Luke 19:10, Mark 10:45, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- The testimony of the Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:6b-8, John 15:26; 16:13-14)
- The testimony of the Father. (1 John 5:9, John 5:37)
- The testimony of all those who believe. (1 John 5:10-12, John 3:36; 17:3; 20:31, Matthew 5:14-16)
What is your response to Jesus the One and Only?
DISCUSSION for the FAMILY
Watch this video. CLICK HERE.
1 John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Make a list of people you trust. Why do you trust them? How do you know when someone isn’t trustworthy?
- What does faith mean? Why do you think Jesus is worthy of your trust?
- What was Jesus trying to teach Nicodemus?
- What does it mean to be “born again”? Why do we all need a “do over” or a second chance with God?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9. What do we have to do to be saved? Why can’t we brag about our relationship with God?
- Talk about how you can put this truth into action.
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download