1 John 5:1-5
Question #1: Who is an overcomer? (1 John 5:1-4a)
- Everyone who trusts in Jesus.
Question #2: What am I overcoming? (1 John 2:15-17; 5:4b, Ephesians 6:11-12)
- The world.
Question #3: How can I overcome? (1 John 4:4; 5:4b-5, John 16:33, Ephesians 6:10; 6:13-20, Revelation 12:11)
- Confidence in Jesus.
DISCUSSION for the FAMILY
- If you are a child of God, you are an overcomer.
- Our faith in God helps us overcome the world.
1 John 5:4
“For whoever has been born of God overcomes the world.”
- Who wants to trick us from believing that God doesn’t love us?
- What has God given us to overcome Satan’s attacks?
- Who is it that overcomes the world? (1 John 5:5)
- Who is it that helps us overcome the world? (1 John 5:5)
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.