- When are your worship services?
- What is the size of your congregation?
- Tell us a little bit about the congregation’s history.
- Describe your place of worship theologically.
- How would you describe the services? Are they traditional, contemporary, somewhere in between?
- What programs does your church offer?
- What programs do you have for children?
- What programs do you have for preschoolers?
- What are your most active ministries?
- What’s visually the most striking thing about Charleston Baptist Church?
When are your worship services?
- Sunday at 9:30 am and 11:00 am with Sunday School for all age groups at 9:30 am and 11:00 am
- Sunday 10:00 am Hispanic Church
- Sunday 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 6:30 pm
Approximately 1,100 members
Charleston Baptist Church began in 1984 as a result of 40 days of prayer. We are located on I-526 adjacent to Citadel Mall.
We are a conservative Southern Baptist Church. We believe in the absolute authority of God’s Word for faith and practice. We believe that the Bible teaches that we should practice a lifestyle of love. It is our desire to love the Lord our God supremely and each other devotedly.
Our worship services are great times of celebration in which we seek to uplift and magnify the name of our God and at the same time be inspired and encouraged to live for Him.
Our 9:30 am service on Sunday is a contemporary service with a praise team and praise band leading us in worship. The service is also enhanced with drama, timely film clips and a relevant message from God’s Word.
Our 11:00 am worship is more of a blended worship service. We use contemporary choruses as well as traditional hymns in this service. In both services pastors, Rev. Dr. Jack Moore and Rev. Kevin Giordano preach a relevant message from God’s Word. We have interpreters for the hearing impaired during this service and also for special programs.
Also at 11:00 am, our Children’s Church meets in the Children’s Wing. This is a specially designed activity for children 6-12 years old.
At 10:00 am, our Hispanic Church meets in the Hispanic Chapel located directly behind our main building. Ignacio Herrera is pastor of the Hispanic Church. This service is conducted entirely in Spanish.
Our 6:00 pm evening service is also a blended service. Many special programs are offered at this time including concerts, children and youth programs, the Lord’s Supper, and also relevant messages from our pastor.
Our Wednesday evening prayer service is at 6:30 pm. The first part of the service is dedicated to praise, prayer requests and prayer groups. The second part of our service is a Bible study led by Rev. Joe Moran.
Middle school and High school students have their small group meetings on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
What programs does your church offer?
It is our desire to offer a well-rounded Christian program for the entire family. We offer many programs that are designed to help people know Christ and grow in Christ.
What programs do you have for children?
- 9:30 am Children’s Bible Study
- 11:00 am Children’s Church
- 5:00 pm Children’s Choirs
- 6:15 pm AWANA Club’s Program (Sept – May)
- C.O.R.E. Basketball and Cheerleading in Fall and Spring
- Vacation Bible School and Summer camp for children
- Nursery and Extended Teaching Care for all services
- Awana Program for 3 and 4 year olds
- Charleston Baptist Preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school year
What are your most active ministries?
Some of our most active ministries include CORE Basketball and Cheerleading which is a Christ-centered recreation ministry that influences boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and AWANA, a Bible-based program for impacting boys and girls with Bible truth.
What’s the most visually striking thing about Charleston Baptist Church?
The love of the people for the Lord and for each other.