Mission Sunday | The Gospel
Aaron Mitchell, Student Director
Romans 1:14-15 I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. 15 So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
- The gospel is powerful.
Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
- The gospel is being made right in the sight of God.
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
- The gospel isn’t being saved from our sins, it’s being saved from God’s wrath.
Romans 1:19-20a For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
- God’s wrath is on everyone that rejects Him.
Romans 20b So they are without excuse.
- No one has an excuse to not know God.
John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me
- Jesus is the only way to the Father.
- We have a calling to tell people about Jesus.