“Assured: In God’s Love”
1 John 4:16-21
Truth: The love of God gives us confidence. (1 John 4:16-17a)
- In judgment. (1 John 4:17b, Hebrews 9:27, Colossians 1:21-22, Romans 8:1)
- In Christlikeness. (1 John 4:17c)
- In comfort. (1 John 4:18)
- In persisting. (1 John 4:19-21)
DISCUSSION for the FAMILY
- God is love. God loves us.
- To know God is to know real love.
- We should love God and others.
1 John 4:7
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”
- Who is the Disciple that loved Jesus and wrote the book of 1 John?
- Love comes from ________, (1 John 4:7)
- God is ________.
- How do we know God loves us? (John 3:16)
- If God loves us that much (John 3:16), shouldn’t we love others that much?
- How can we show others God’s kind of love this week?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.