“Assured: When My Heart Condemns Me”
1 John 3:19-24
Question #1: What should I do when my heart condemns me?
· Keep trusting in the One who conquers the condemning heart. (1 John 3:19-20, Romans 7:24-25a; 8:1-4, 31-35, 37-39; Titus 3:5)
Question #2: What happens when Jesus conquers my condemning heart?
· Confidence before God. (1 John 3:21, Romans 5:2, Hebrews 4:16)
· Answered prayer. (1 John 3:22)
· Obedience through faith in love. (1 John 3:23)
· A life of abiding. (1 John 3:24)
Question #3: Who is your one?
DISCUSSION for the FAMILY
Think about when you first learned how to walk. Did you just jump up on your feet and start running around like a teenager? No way! You stood up and took one little step. And then you fell back down. Just ask your mom. Nobody starts with teenager steps. Everybody starts with baby steps.
- The Holy Spirit gives us power for good habits.
- Good habits look like the fruit of the Spirit.
- It takes baby steps to walk by the Spirit.
From the Bible:
Galatians 5:16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
Galatians 5:25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve learned to do? (ex. Skiing, playing guitar, skateboarding, reading) How did you get better at it?
- List the fruits of the Spirit. Which ones are already habits in your life? Which ones do you need to work on?
- Ask your parents what it was like when you learned to walk. Were you a quick learner or accident prone?
- What should we do when we fall down in our walk with God?
- Read Galatians 5:24-25. What does it mean to nail our sins to the cross? How does the Holy Spirit help us to live for God?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.