“Assured: Sin and Righteousness”
1 John 3:4-10a
- The reality of sin. (1 John 3:4, 8a; Romans 3:23)
- The work of Christ. (1 John 3:5, 8b; John 1:29)
- Sin and the Christian life. (1 John 3:6, 9)
- Righteousness and the Christian life. (1 John 3:7, 10; 2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 2:20; 5:16, 1 Peter 5:8-9a)
DISCUSSION for the FAMILY
1 John 3;9-10 “No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil…”
- Where was Kylie when she gave her heart to Christ? What is she passionate about?
- If anyone is in Christ, he is a __________ ______________. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- What does being a “new creation” mean?
- What was the boy’s name that had an encounter with Christ?
- Who has the power to change lives, restore families, heal the broken, and set people free? (1 John 3:8)
- If you are a new creation in Christ, it should be evident to others. How have you seen this evidence in the life of fellow believers?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.