“Assured: Our Provision”
1 John 2:1-2
- We have provision not to sin. (1 John 2:1a, Ephesians 4:22-24, Galatians 5:16-17, 1 Peter 5:8-9a, 1 Corinthians 10:13)
Reality: You can have victory over temptation.
- We have provision when we do sin. (1 John 2:1b-2a, Romans 3:25-26; 7:18-19; 8:34, Matthew 26:41, Isaiah 53:5, Hebrews 4:14-16)
Reality: When you sin, you can turn to Him.
- The same provision we have is also available to all. (1 John 2:2b, Matthew 11:28-30, Psalm 67:1-3)
Response: Receive His provision.
Response: Reflect His provision.
DISCUSSION POINTS for STUDENTS and ADULTS
1. Think of times when you had victory over temptation. How were you able to have victory over temptation?
2. How do you walk by the Spirit? (Galations 5:16-17)
3. How important is it, that someone “has your back”? Does the character of this person, matter?
4. How is Jesus the perfect “person” to “have your back”? (1 John 2:1-2, Romans 8:34)
5. Is confession and repentance important? (Hebrews 4:14-16)
6. Why do we sometimes find it hard to turn to God when we sin?
7. Just as God has provided grace, mercy, and love to us; we should also provide grace, mercy, and love to others. Who is that person to whom you should extend grace, mercy, and love?
Don’t forget to check out our CB students LifeGroup resource page, too!
DISCUSSION and ACTIVITY for KIDS (infant – 5th grade)
View this Video: Click here.
Do you think you are a good person? How are you a good person?
What is sin? What are some examples of sin in our lives?
What is temptation?
Is it a sin to be tempted?
When does temptation turn into sin?
What did Jesus do to rescue us from sin?
If you have a relationship with Jesus, will you stop sinning?
How can Jesus help you with your sin?
Don’t forget to check out the CB kids LifeGroup resource page.